How to make a Peanut Freshie
How to Make Aroma Beads into a Peanut car air freshener (freshies)
- Cover your a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper I personally use a non-stick surface cookie sheet for easy release and quick cleanup that requires no foil or parchment paper.
- Put the thin side of the cookie cutter on the cookie sheet it helps to pop your freshie out after it cools. You can place a roofing nail where you want the hole to be or use a mini hand held drill to make a hole later (optional).
- Now you can pour your beads into the cutter until 3/4 full then pack them down using your finger or a flat object until the beads are leveled.
- Preheat oven to 345-350 you will have to test your own oven to see what works best for you. It is VERY IMPORTANT for you to TEST your own oven. At first bake 1 or 2 freshies so you can see if you need to make adjustments to the temperature or time. I bake my freshie at 345 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- After you take them out of your oven let them cool down for a few minutes then remove them from the cookie sheet to help with the cooling process. About 10 minutes later it's easier to pop them out while they are warm then let them sit to finish cooling down.
- After they are cool you can use your mini drill with a 1/8 drill bit to drill your hole or carefully push your nail against something to push the nail out. BE CAREFUL if your using nails.
- I tie a 12 inch elastic stretch loop through the hole then place in a polypropylene bag that holds the fragrance in. Post your pictures on facebook and tag #stayfreshwithpeanut I would love to see your Peanut Freshie creations. Be creative use puffy paint, embelishments, glitter and more if you like to be extra and have fun!